The God-kind of love is not natural; rather it is supernatural. You cannot walk in this kind of love in your natural, human abilities. It will take the supernatural assistance of God for you to walk in the God-kind of love – Rom 5:5. It will also require you to subject your natural tendencies and the resultant reactions to God’s way of loving.
What does this mean? You see there is a natural reaction to situations and to others. When someone crosses you or betrays your trust there is a reaction that is natural. Looking at it in just natural terms this person doesn’t deserve to be loved. However as a child of God you are expected to rise above that natural response and to love that person in spite of them and their actions.
God demonstrated this kind of love towards you and I – John 3:16. Then He gave you the capacity to love like He loves – Rom 5:5. Now is the time for you to rise up and subject your body to love – 1 Cor 9:27. Resist the temptation to love naturally and arise in the love of God with the help of the Holy Spirit.
‘Have an exceptional day.
- The Greatest Love (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You can do it! (winningleadership.wordpress.com)
- With the God-kind of love in expression you can’t fail (winningleadership.wordpress.com)
- Walking in love (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- Love seeks the best (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- The wonderful life of love (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You must let go of the past (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)