Your willingness to lay down your life for another person is the the greatest expression of love that is possible. Jesus demonstrated this love towards mankind when even though man did not deserve it He willingly gave His life in mankind’s place.
You may never be asked to physically die for someone else like Jesus did. However on a daily basis there will be opportunities for you to lay aside your preferences and to give others the advantage because it means so much to them i.e. to resist the temptation to be selfish. This is what it means to walk in love.
Friend are there areas of your life where you are prone to selfishness? You must examine those areas. Allow the Holy Spirit to assist you in overcoming the temptation to be selfish and express the God-kind of love by being selfless. You may need to go out of your way to help another person or to do something that is inconvenient to you but will be of great benefit to someone else.
Learn to seek the good of others and not just yourself. This is what it means to walk in the God-kind of love. Have an exceptional day!
- The Greatest Love (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- Love and success (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- Love can never fail (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- By the grace of God your natural efforts are supernaturally magnified (winningleadership.wordpress.com)
- It’s time to excel in the love of God (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You can do it! (winningleadership.wordpress.com)
- You can love like God loves (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- Let your light shine as you express the love of God (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You are accepted by grace (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You are not alone (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)