When Jesus was asked what is the most important commandment in the law that God gave Moses, He responded by saying, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind…You shall love your neighbor as yourself” – Matt 22:37-39. Jesus said that the law is summed up in these two commandments – Matt 22:40.
You see Jesus was essentially giving every believer the blueprint for a successful life. As a child of God if you live a life governed by the God-kind of love then you will walk according to the God’s Word and expectations. In scripture this was likened to a debt: the only debt you are allowed to have forever is to love others – Rom 13:8.
Make a decision to love others in spite of who they are and what they have done. This is God’s instruction for us. God Himself demonstrated this by giving His only Son at the time in order to redeem you and I. You are made in the image and likeness of God – Gen 1:26, and with the Holy Spirit on your inside you have the ability to love just as God loves – Rom 5:5.
No matter how many times you have been hurt you are called and equipped to rise up and love again. Arise and shine as you express the love of God. Have an exceptional day!
- The Greatest Love (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You can do it! (winningleadership.wordpress.com)
- You can love like God loves (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- Let your light shine as you express the love of God (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You are accepted by grace (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- It’s time to excel in the love of God (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)
- You are not alone (buildinglegacies.wordpress.com)